On Jul 13, 1:05 am, Joshua Smith <joshuaesm...@charter.net> wrote:
> Frankly, I've never completely groked what an entity group maps to in my (30+
> years of) programming experience. It's certainly not a parent/child
> relationship in the usual sense.

If you figure it out, let me know! I have a app that needs to update
two distinct entity types at the same time. Because they are distinct,
I can't do both in a transaction. Even if it was only one entity type,
I don't want to lock all of them when writing to one, which I believe
is a consequence of making them a group.

A good article called "entity groups for dummies" seems warranted!