tcp guarantees delivery built upon udp
which doesn't, so it's not too hard to believe you can build something more
robust on top of a limited implementation

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=slim3+global+transaction

it's open source so you can view the implementation for yourself to certify
it's sound. I'd ask the slim3 user group.
they're friendly and very responsive.

good luck

Mike Lawrence