Why do you say Python’s Future is unclear on GAE?  I have seen no
indication of this.

From: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
[mailto:google-appengine@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Raymond C.
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 9:28 AM
To: google-appengine@googlegroups.com
Subject: [google-appengine] 回覆:Worried about performance of an HTTP based
game.

If the "2000 players" data can fit into one entity you may use one entity to
store all players' data.  Otherwise, I would say what you want to do is not
suitable to be done on AppEngine, which the datastore designed to scale but
not fast and write often. (in your case which is 2000 record updates every
10 seconds)

There are definitely workarounds and tricks you can employ to workaround all
the AppEngine's limitation.  However, if you have not started yet, you
should definitely consider to do it on other platform first because it would
be hundred times easier.  Especially you are using Python which the future
is not certain yet on AppEngine.