Hi Martin,

Thanks for sharing Beacon push. There are a couple of other such services as
well. I evaluated them before opting for Channel API for
Review19<http://www.review19.com>
.

Reason being, the list of people to broadcast to is dynamic. For my app,
there aren't fixed "rooms" or "groups" but the broadcast recipients changes
frequently.

Channel API doesn't impose any rules, and forces you to persist client state
on the server. This initially "feels" wrong but can be a blessing in
disguise as you optimize the logic to decide the broadcast recipients.

I'm not saying Beacon Push and similar services are "bad". They just didn't
work as well as Channel API for my use case.

- Sri

Srirangan  |  About <http://srirangan.net/about>  Blog<http://srirangan.net>
  GitHub <https://github.com/Srirangan>
LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/srirangan>