Richard, I haven't used Amazon SNS but from what I understand it not quite the
same. Beacon Push is specifically for browser based real-time apps, using HTML5
WebSockets (and falling back on flash I believe) to push real-time JSON
messages to connected users browsers. Amazon SNS seems to be more of a general
backend service for powering cross platform notifications, not specifically for
a browser as the client.

Like PubNub, channels in beacon push are just specified by a string and can be
generated on the fly.