On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 12:18 AM, NM <nirmallya.mukher...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a usecase that may support M/S over HRD.
>
> I have a form where we capture appointment information such as date, time
> and some other details. Upon a successful save the resulting page is a
> calendar view that needs to read all appointments including this newly
> created appointment.
>
> Given this and eventual consistency mode of HRD the calendar at times does
> not show the newly saved appointment. When I refresh the screen after a few
> seconds it does; obviously by then the data would have replicated. This is
> obviously not an issue with M/S.
>
> Thoughts?

The calendar times you are querying are all for one user, you could put the
calendar entities in a single entity group and then use an ancestor query,
which will return consistent results.

If you need to query across entity groups, but still want the calendar entry
you just saved to be included in the results, then the recommended approach
is:
- Perform your cross entity group query in the normal way
- In your application code, insert the just inserted entity into the result
set if it's not there
- Show the user the merged result set

You can store away or track the "just inserted calender entity" in a cookie,
in a url / form parameter, in memcache, or in an HTTP session object (Java).

Fred

>  --

Fred Sauer
Developer Advocate