> Unless I'm misunderstanding, we are "held accountable for scheduler
> behaviors such as these listed."
>
> If the load could be served by a single instance, but the scheduler decides
> to start a second one to handle a single request (for no apparent reason),
> there is going to be a minimum of 0.25 instance hours added to my bill.  If
> this happens once a day, and I need an instance up all the time to handle an
> external kiosk which refreshes itself, then I'm going to be charged for
> 24.25 - 24 (free) = 0.25 instance hours.  If this happens X times a day,
> I'll be charged for 0.25X instance hours a day.  And I have the billing
> prediction numbers to prove it:

I don't think this is correct, according to the "Max Idle Instances + Active
Instance" charge. Spinning up extra instances beyond the first one (assuming
Max Idle Instances) should not be costing you. Your total instance hours
charge for the day should be 24 + area under the yellow curve on the
instance graph.

My latest estimated bill came round to 24.11 total instance hours - I have a
single instance that is being kept alive by a cronjob every minute, and
extra instances were spawned a few times through the day. My total instance
hours being < 24.25 shows that you don't automatically get charged an extra
0.25 instance hour if an extra instance hour. Only the Active Instance Hours
matter - which is the yellow line.