This message may be true, but that just makes it worse. Under the new
scheme, my billing moves from $0.00 (fall within the free app
boundaries) to $0.01 - $0.08 per day. I guess that people wont be able
to use my app during the last hour (or so) of the day. When Google
said that few apps would continue to be free, I think they meant to
say that no apps would continue to be free *if* they handled any
requests. If the free quota for instance hours was (say) 28, then a
lot of the free apps would still continue to be free.

Is it worth my spending $72/year for each of my apps? No. I'm looking
at Typhoon for one, and rewriting the others in C and running them all
on an existing web server that I have.

Philip