Hi Brandon,

What you describe isn't compatible with the current configuration. Simply
set up Google Apps on the domain solely to associate the domain name with
the App Engine app, and configure the app to accept logins from any Google
Account. There's no need to create accounts for users of the app on the
domain.

-Nick Johnson

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Brandon Wirtz <drak...@digerat.com> wrote:

> I ranted once before about the issues Apps For Domains created for my
> Adwords account with the unified login, but I have a new rant from a
> potential customer… ****
>
> ** **
>
> They currently use exchange mail and Group policy objects. They don’t want
> to be responsible, for these student accounts Documents, Messenger, Google+
> etc. They quite specifically want those to be personal accounts, so that
> they don’t have any potential liability for how students use those accounts.
> ****
>
> ** **
>
> In my view this makes for a pretty good case of why not to require GAE to
> be tied to Apps For Domains.  Not just in my app, but in any org that would
> decide the wanted an app on their domain but the email addresses they
> provide are not employees, or there are so many of them they wouldn’t want
> to administer them through AFD (which is not designed for administering 100k
> people.****
>
> ** **
>
> I know BestBuy and some other large Orgs are on GAE, are they using
> AppsForDomains? Are they running on their primary domain?****

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine