Nick, please read the post carefully. "It isn't that the App needs the
logins"

The problem is that I suspect he wants the application to be on
myapp.mycompany.com - but there are already loads of e-mail accounts
@mycompany.com and so the company doesn't want to move to using Google
Apps. Although I was under the impression that existing @mycompany.com
"normal" google accounts continue to work even though mycompany.com is
signed up to Google Apps.

I must say that although I don't quite understand the issues here, the
whole Google Apps thing is a real mess - I had to use a different
browser to post this for example because Google Groups doesn't work
with an Apps account - and the multiple account switching feature
doesn't work with all services either. It's making Google look pretty
bad, which isn't ideal anyway, but it's on their flagship paid-for
product! I've been an Apps user for 3 years (1 paid, 2 free) and I'd
be really upset if I was still paying.

Mat.