Since GAE has released the comparison billing for the new pricing model,
I've been trying to "optimize" my app to reduce costs.  I was initially over
the free quota limits for datastore reads and writes.  I was able to lower
the datastore writes to fall under the free tier by eliminating certain
writes and also by eliminating unnecessary indexes on certain properties.

But unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out where the reads are coming
from.  I initially thought the reads were mostly coming from two cron jobs
that I have configured:

1) A job that ran every 1 minute to query for and delete "expired" objects
for 1 of my entities.
2) A job that ran every 1 minute to clean up old session entities.  I'm
actually using the com.google.apphosting.utils.servlet.SessionCleanupServlet
to do this (which I found somewhere online). BTW - is there a better way to
remove old sessions?

I changed both jobs to run every 60 minutes instead (thinking this would
make a huge difference) but my datastore reads are still high and not too
different from previous numbers.

I've also examined my app (not a lot of code) and don't see where I could be
making so many datastore reads.

Anyone know how I can profile my app to see where datastore reads are coming
from?  BTW I'm using the Java version of GAE.

Thanks,