Actually, appstats is more consistent with the old pricing model, and so, it
only shows up number of datastore queries executed, puts and gets, for each
RPC.  Here's a screenshot from the link I posted earlier:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dLfQMJsmsaI/S7NKKyRM5-I/AAAAAAAAAEA/rfaOPZXtr80/s1600/Picture+4.png

The request history section shows recent requests, and if you expand a
request, it'll show you datastore puts, gets, and queries. I believe gets
translate to reads one-to-one, but puts depend on how many indexes get
modified in the process.  One put will almost always translate to multiple
data store writes (one of each index that gets updated, and one for the
entity being modified)