I think you should re-examine your data model.

40,000 page views per day is not a lot - if *every single one* of
those wrote to an entity, you're still under the free 50k datastore
operations.  And even if every one of those page views wrote to
*three* entities, an extra 100k writes will cost you all of $0.10.

If you exceed the $9/mo minimum spend on 40k page views per day, you
are doing something wrong.  If I had to guess, your schema is probably
*way* too normalized and you're probably not using memcache
effectively.

Jeff