> As far as email goes - personally, I'd rather Appengine shut down the
> email API and put those developers to work on something else.  Email

I agree, completely...

well almost completely... Keep the current basic email to help newbies play
and test, but minimize devoting any further significant resources and
possibly relabel that api as beta/experimental or at least as not destined
to receive lots of attention right away, to be up front about it. It's a
non-trivial, high-nuisance service to provide/maintain.

-A

--
Adrian Scott, Ph.D.
CEO, Founder