Hah!

Git is a tool for programmers that work on teams with more than 1 person.
 Seriously, while Git has its flaws, after you get used to the different
workflow you will never want to go back to subversion again.  It really has
nothing to do with the size of your project - the benefits of git are that
the entire revision history is stored in each working copy and that
branching and merging is *sane*.

Jeff