I think directing a lot of the specific coding type questions to SO is
good.  It has nice support for things like syntax highlighting built
in, and it is *far* better indexed.  It also gives users the ability
to edit / cleanup / clarify questions based on feed back, and for
users to de-dupe questions.  Basically, it is a nice tool for coding
QnA type stuff.

The only negative aspect in my mind is that it does not facilitate
discussion in quite the same way.  However, as Johan and Ikai have
pointed out, this group will still be here for discussions.  Here if
one sees a question that has been "answered" then follows up with a
more detailed explanation or caveats, it probably gets more attention
than on SO.  I know I don't generally follow old questions on SO.
Here they pop up and I see them.

Anyways, I think this will be an overall positive move.

Robert