Hi Mos,

Google is absolutely committed to App Engine and part of the reason we are
moving the Java/Python groups to StackOverflow is to have better, more
consolidated answers to questions.  While it might be possible for Google
to build its own tool tailed to questions and answers, we really like
StackOverflow in part because it is where a lot of developers go in general
to get answers to questions.  As I've talked about on this group before, we
currently have essentially 2 support options: Premier Accounts (for
$500/month) or StackOverflow / Groups where the community can support it
and Googlers will sometimes answer questions.  The first has an SLA and the
second does not.  So, in response to Google investing in better enterprise
support, I hope that answers the question.

In terms of the concern that this means we are trying to deprecate App
Engine.  I can honestly and frankly say that there are no plans to do so,
quite the opposite, we are growing!  Right now we are trying to consolidate
a variety of places to get answers into 1 to improve how people get
questions answered.  We are keeping this group (google-appengine) because
it is a great place for discussions, but when it comes to asking a question
and getting an answer, we believe StackOverflow is a product more suited to
do this.

Johan and Ikai both work on the App Engine team so their word is as
official as mine, but I figured hearing it from more people might help.

Greg D'Alesandre
Senior Product Manager, Google App Engine

PS - Nice app Andrin, I'm already signed up! :)