well, I'm not in these guy's league but I have built a Saas on GAEJ, it's
been in production since late 2010, with paying customers.

I plan to write up my experience at some stage, as I know its not your
typical GAE app.  Its more of an enterprise software solution than a true
web-startup, but so far I've found GAE keeps on delivering and I have used
pretty much most of what they have to offer in terms of infrastructure.
Most of what I'm not using yet I certainly plan to use in the future.

Its been a mainly very positive experience.
(you can see links in there to a library of videos demonstrating the sort
of functionality)

www.bikeshopmanager.com

(re-posted this at the correct level, with link)