The article also quite explicitly says that if you set up your (not really a)
proxy server to serve a particular site, then you do not have any protection
from copyright violation under DMCA.

My reading of the law and the EFF stuff is consistent with this interpretation.

The original poster wants google to take action, which they are required to do
to maintain their "safe harbor" status. I think he's right.

-Joshua