I know there cannot be a definitive answer to this question, but I am
looking for opinions (and perhaps some insight from a Googler).

I currently make heavy use of the task queue, and every time I am faced
with a design choice, the task queue presents a very attractive pattern for
a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that it is effectively free,
currently. This is by no means the primary factor, but it certainly has an
impact on my decision process. The obvious question: what is the risk that
Google changes its pricing model at some point and starts charging for Task
Queue API calls?

Were that to happen, I think it would be VERY painful for my app. I don't
think it makes sense to design around a possible future pricing change, but
it concerns me quite a bit. I would love to hear what the rest of the
community thinks.

Regards,
Mike