Why did you single out TaskQueue? There are other secondary services which
are kind of free on GAE currently once you take the primary costs out. For
example memcache comes to mind. Can they jack up the price? Of course they
can. Probably with little notice and/or justification. Truth is
marketing/business side was never a strong suite of GAE team. They are
excellent engineers. If you are concerned about pricing risk you may want
to look at AWS. Biz model there seems more straightforward/sustainable.
Thus pricing risk seems lower but I would not bet my house on that.