Hi all,

I've also been battling with with java warmup times. Last week I had
startup time of at least 37 seconds. Now it's hovering around 16.

My performance improvements were made by bundling all my dependencies
together into a single jar. I've been using the excellent gradle gae plugin
(https://github.com/bmuschko/gradle-gae-plugin), which integrates
with https://github.com/musketyr/gradle-fatjar-plugin/. This could easily
be integrated with an existing gradle project in under an hour.

We're using Resteasy, Htmleasy, soy templates, hibernate orm and validator.
There were about 60 jars in my WEB-INF/lib.

Regards,
Will Rayner