Thank you for the replies. I will try to answer all of your questions.

@Kaan, yeah, wrong terms to use. But thats legacy SQL mindset in
terminology :-)

I was doing the update via a remote shell. I used the following code to
update:

for ph in phs:
    ph.use_cc = True
    ph.save()

The Phone kind has 12 properties. I looked into my index.yaml and there is
no index with this kind mentioned in there.

These are the stats on this particular Kind. So there were only 1616
entities I was trying to update.

EntitesBuilt-in IndexesComposite IndexesTotal Size:697 KBytes5 MBytes0
BytesEntry
count:1,61643,6420Average Size:441 Bytes127 Bytes

Any pointers would be highly appreciated. If anyone can replicate this on
their end, that would also be really helpful.

Regards,
Sarang