Thanks Barry. That is indeed what we have done so far. But this scenario is
different and we need to make the update.

For what you are suggesting, we have to change the code in many different
locations to catch the missing property and update. In some of these
places, we may not be even in a position to make the update! Another
problem could be that if I am accessing 100s of elements, and I have to
update them all, it could lead to slow response for the activity and may
even exceed 60s limit.

Also, if we are not re-writing those elements inside our code, then we will
have to bear the same cost as with my method? You are assuming we will
write the element anyway and hence defray the cost.

Bottom line is, even if we had to write those 1600 numbers, why should it
cost 5.8 million OPs? If we signup 1600 users in a day, each with one entry
in the DB, then we'll use up all our quota!

Regards,
Sarang