On Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:57:28 AM UTC+2, Richard Watson wrote:

> That's fine, but all we're asking for is "don't dump those requests into
> an instance that isn't able to serve the request immediately".  If there
> are three instances running and one being started up, don't consider the
> latter in the population of instances to send requests to. Dump it into an
> instance level queue that is already running. Everything else remains
> constant.

And maybe I'm fibbing. If the non-instance-queue exists, it'd support
Jeff's late-instance-binding idea and that would be first prize. I'd
happily take the risk that that instance queue dies, considering we're
already taking similar risks with the scheduler. I'd rather have that tiny
risk rather than a guaranteed 1% user-perceived failure, which is what is
happening now.