Hi Richard,

Alright, I've been misunderstanding your issue. I thought you were
saying that the datastore put(s) are actually taking more than 10
secs. However, the issue you're tackling with is that, the datastore
put calls themselves succeed, but the subsequent global query doesn't
pick up the entities within 10 secs.

If that's the case, please forget about tablet split/merge for now.
It's a general eventually consistent problem. Let me think about it
again.

-- Takashi

Takashi Matsuo