This is his evidence that higher-use apps have better performance.  I'm not
surprised that memcache hit rates would be higher (since you're more likely
to evict your neighbors than vice versa) but the latency difference does
surprise me.

I wonder if Google's balancing algorithms tend to starve low-qps apps?  I
can imagine a class of caching behavior that would cause that sort of
thing, and the caches could be operating at many levels of the stack.

- Kris