> > PS. One final thing I forgot to mention about Channel API problems is
> that
> > it seems some of the users simply can not load the channel javascript
> lib
> > which is hosted by google... What the hell...
>
> Are you refererring to:
> http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=4764
>
> Or something else?

Hmm I don't think so.  Before client tries to create a channel it first
checks if the script has been loaded, basically same way as this module
does:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-gae-channel/
And it turns out that 4% do not have it. I have a gwt app, so at this point
it is obvious that javascript is supported. In such cases I simply readd
the script to the header and log what happens. Most of the time nothing
happens, but a tiny portion of users load end up having the script loaded,
so it doesn't look like 4764 as that one I guess is permanent or maybe it
is a mix of issues here.
I remember there was an issue long time ago when channel script request
returned empty response, and afaik that bug has been closed in the tracker,
but maybe it hasn't been fully fixed.

cheers,
Aleksei