Brian, this is awesome!

I've already tried it with a side project of mine that uses task
queues and urlfetch. Even though it runs a couple backends too, the
code already handles different cases, dev vs production, because of an
open issue with addressing backends (5105). It all runs smoothly!

Really appreciate putting the tests in the repo. Love it.

I'll try using it for my other apps and see how it goes.