We have released a new version. Download it from
http://code.google.com/p/appengine-devappserver2-experiment/downloads/detail?name=devappserver2-v0.4.zip

New in this version:
- backends with support for background threads
- admin UI for cron, datastore indexes and inbound mail
- improved taskqueue UI