actually estimated jeff.. this was one of my first GAE project that I
built, and now with using specialized "javascript" frameworks and using MVC
architecture (ExtJS4, Backbone, others), I have not really watched problems
like with this simple application unsecure, but I find it interesting the
observed effects, to take them into account in my other projects ..and of
course overcome these, because in the GAE world all consumptions and costs,
must be controlled

some free samples
http://goo.gl/wVU6O a first integration with ExtJS & OAuth2.0 protocol
http://goo.gl/SLu4G  working with spreadsheets
http://goo.gl/N6W4p GAE in action project

Comments like this should also be considered :

http://www.carlosble.com/2010/11/goodbye-google-app-engine-gae/

and although I love the GAE philosophy .. I see betting a lot for startups
that for professional business developments .. and forums like this, are
the ideal place to develop, share and overcome these challenges..

so any help is welcome..
best regards
@Mlaynes