On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM, pdknsk <pdk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's definitely a real bug as I had the same problem. If you're willing to
> read a not very coherent bug report that I basically kept adding to as I
> tried to debug the problem, you can do so here.
>
> https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=7167

Hi pdknsk,

I tried viewing your bug report but I get an error 403 Forbidden error :-(
http://imgur.com/7KtlWxX

Do you mind sending me a copy privately to my email? You can redact any
secret data you want. I had a similar issue happen to me in a Java
application, I ended up rewriting it to use tasks to slowly put data into
memcache instead of doing it all async,

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Julian Kent <jkfly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, thanks for the help =)

That's the best I can do, hope it fixes your problem! Let us know if it
works, this is a use case that might be important for my clients as well.

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM, pdknsk <pdk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I notice similarities in the code. I was also using set_multi_async.
> Interestingly, in your code, it hangs before you even call get_result on
> it. Maybe you cannot stuff the memcache pipeline with too many pending
> async requests. In my code though, I had only had two such requests.
>
> I have since completely rewritten the code (using ndb with its automatic
> memcaching), so I don't know what caused it. I had sumed it up in the bug
> report like so.

I feel like (but have no proof) that this is one of the reasons that
dedicated memcache is being introduced. I've been testing it for some time
ago and it is definitely a better experience than using shared memcache.

If I had to guess, there's probably some sort of rate limit going on here
that we're hitting,