On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Ananthakrishnan Venkatasubramanian <
ananthakrishnan.venkatasubraman...@a-cti.com> wrote:

> Can we please know why the request from Server A timeouts out without a
> request being received at the other server end (ie) Server B?

There are multiple possible reasons for this. First of all, do servers A
and B represent different application IDs, different modules within the
same application ID, or something else? Secondly, is the error rate always
a constant 30%, or does it seem to fluctuate depending on traffic levels
and/or the time of day? Can you post an AppStats (
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/appstats ) analysis
of a failed request, plus any exception/error notices that are coming up (
including a full stack trace of the SocketTimeoutException referred to in
your title )?

If you see the error rate fluctuate, you may be hitting the per-minute
quotas governing resource usage. On the other hand if your error rate is a
constant 30% while your traffic is fluctuating, you may have an issue with
your application code.