Hi,

Definitely Server A is not exceeding the per minute quota for URLFetch API
Calls (32,000 calls per min). SocketTimeOutExceptions are coming even there
is less traffic in both the Servers.

Note: We have idle instances in both the servers Definitely there is no
question of queueing the requests also. Requests should be served at any
point of time.

As far as AppStats is concerned, we already knew how to do it. Its a matter
of enabling. We will enable it and give you the information about it in
private.

As you have suggested, we deployed the Server B as backend module and
Server A as frontend module in the same App ID and used URLFetch in module
A(Server A) to communicate with module B (Server B) of the same app. Still
the same problem. Those exceptions are repeating.

The only thing we need to test now with modules is cut down the URLFetch in
module A(Server A) and communicate directly with module B(Server B).
Technically we need to integrate the codebase of Server B inside module
A(Server A). This we can do it and try out from our end.

But my question is, imagine there are two different organisation using
AppEngine and one of the sever in the organisation running in AppEngine
needs to communicate with the server in the other organisation running same
in AppEngine, they have to communicate with URLFetch calls only. We cannot
force the organisations to create one common App and use modules to avoid
SocketTimeOutExceptions.

Can you please give the appropriate reasons/solutions for the same?

Please let me know if you need any other information regarding this.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anantha Krishnan.