On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM, DiTieM <dit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you Vinny. The log shows about 120ms to 240ms (so yes, I am still
> "suspecting" endpoints is slow). The browser shows about 1.5 seconds (and
> that is what I really perceive). I am investigating now where the time is
> gone. I am not sure it is due to the network speed as I have tested in
> high-speed networks too.

If you want to compare speed what you could do is create a simple Endpoints
application and then write the same in low level code (handle JSON encoding
yourself, map the correct keys, routing, etc). Make sure you issue the
correct CORS headers<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-origin_resource_sharing>
as
well.

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 5:40 AM, DiTieM <dit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure it is due to the network speed as I have tested in
> high-speed networks too.

Try opening up a Compute Engine machine, SSHing in, and making a request to
your application. The connection between App Engine and the Compute Engine
VM should flow within Google's own internal network; your measurements
won't be affected by crossing networks.