Hey,

I have been playing with all of the settings I can think of (including
going from an F1 to F4 instance), but to no avail I am consistently getting
a ~1 second lag on this POST request. For some reason, the process seems to
just stop for arbitrary amounts of time, and it is severely degrading my
app's performance. Note that this is not a situation where cold instances
are being spun up, nor where there are many instances trying to access a
given entity (which shouldn't matter anyway).

Here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24895141/app-engine-where-is-1-second-of-overhead-coming-from>

is my post on SO, including code samples, log outputs, as well as App Stats
so you can see what I'm talking about. If there is something wrong with my
code or my approach, please let me know as I am totally lost as to what's
going on.

Thank you.