On Thursday, February 26, 2015 at 8:41:07 PM UTC+8, Alejandro Casanovas
wrote:

> I will also want to make a claim for all those early users of App Engine
> which are joining and trying to catch up the professional world using this
> tool.
>
> It really seems abandoned to me. At least if you only (and I say here
> ONLY) want to rely on PaaS and not going further.
>
> The majority of app engine questions in stackoverflow are from 2013 or
> early and If you follow people who where actively contributing to app
> engine on those days you find out they no longer answer nor they belong to
> the app engine community any more. You really can't feel a big community of
> people asking and getting involved in.
>
> It's also hard to find documentation on how to make a complete web app in
> app engine.
> For example, if you try to do it with Webapp2 framework (which I like the
> most because of it's simplicity) you will find it really difficult to
> implement oauth, sessions, rest, rbac, etc...
> Webapp2 it's completely abandoned! And given that almost all app engine
> examples on python rely on webapp2... that's a big flaw.

just try golang, that is all.

Java is slow to startup and very memory consuming and slow for development.
PHP and Python is slow on performance.
Golang is both fast for development and fast to startup and fast on
performance, and it is maintained actively.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8d341439-51b9-46a7-a6e6-8127f293428b%40googlegroups.com.