Hey Daniel

I'm very happy to hear back from Google on this forum and wish to point out
that it has to be very important for Google to follow this group in order
to share updates etc. Stackoverflow is an external site which is great for
code fragment sharing, but it's not a great place to discuss about specific
technology in general which should be discussed on a Google hosted
Group/Forum.

If you would follow what the other large cloud provider is doing with its
forum you would immediately recognize the importance of having a provider
<> client/developer relationship. We ourselves are supported by Google
Premier Support, hence we direct many questions directly to Google's
support staff, which so far has been able to solve most of the issues we
discovered. However there for sure are many developers out there who select
a platform, based on their own judgment on how active the provider <>
client/developer relationship is maintained in forums. If there is zero
support/feedback by the provider, those clients might opt for another cloud
provider without investigating further your solution.

>From a feature perspective, Google should really complete the integration
of PHP. Since its integration there's *the* key-service missing which is
DataStore. Yes, it is accessible via API's, but that's not the same as the
native direct datastore access we requested in:

https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=9931

I'm really looking forward for Google to finally complete this integration,
so we can migrate additional workloads using DataStore over to GAE/PHP.
Many of our projects are using Datastore through Java at the moment, but
Java isn't the preferred language on our recent projects, which more and
more are done in PHP.

Kind regards,
Marcel