Katie,

I feel compelled to point out that how this discussion going is a good example
of some of the things that I - and it seems others - are frustrated about.
You’ve asked for and received concrete feedback. Yet we’ve received no answers
or discussion back from Google engineers. At least a simple acknowledgement of
the _specific_ issues we’ve raised from someone with some knowledge would be
helpful. Otherwise how am I to know that you bringing the “feedback to the
appropriate team members” is anything more than them receiving an email that
they’ll simply delete?

Look at this way - we’ve invested and in many cases bet our businesses on GCP.
And especially with App Engine, this is very much an investment in an ecosystem
that you’ve created that’s largely separate from the rest of the industry. It’s
hard to have confidence in that bet given the almost total lack of public
engagement from Google to help make this a vibrant ecosystem.

Karl

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/0935A678-ED9F-497C-8B4F-843643099447%40rakkoon.com.