Hi Patrick,

This does indeed seem odd. While Google Groups isn't the best place to
raise a specific technical issue or defect report (although we can't know
for sure until we investigate), I'll be happy to help by asking some basic
questions here and hopefully we can either figure it out together or you
can move on to creating a thread in the public issue tracker
<http://code.google.com/p/google-appengine/issues/list>, where defects are
triaged, logged, and responded to with solutions.

So, the first idea which springs to mind is that somehow the new version is
not the default version. You can check this in the Developers Console
<https://console.google.com/> in your project, under "Compute > App Engine
> Versions".

The second thought which occurs to me is that since Custom Domains
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/domain?hl=en> have moved into
being purely set-up through the Developers' Console and webmaster tools,
something may have changed or need alteration on your side. Could you
provide a screenshot of what you see in "Compute > App Engine > Settings >
Custom domains"?

Finally, are you the user who initially verified the domain, owns the
domain, or attached it to the App?

With this information, it'll be more clear what's happening for your custom
domain mapping.

Best wishes,

Nick

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/2cb62b6a-0d88-41cc-a9fb-d0ac01f2609c%40googlegroups.com.