I scrolled down to posts from the day this started happening to me and it
looks like it hit others as well.  I'll try out their
fix:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/google-appengine/LhQ2NEydn0w/tt6v0-RzBAAJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/9c66a8ff-68e5-4957-845e-621b3d8d5edb%40googlegroups.com.