Hey All,

As some post-mortem analysis as requeset by Gert:

These issues just happened to be fixed by a change made to the way the mail
filters determined what was spam and what wasn't. Some points to note:

There is no guarantee it won't happen in the future and GAE doesn't provide
insight into dropped messages for the most part.

The best advice we can really give is to move to Sendgrid if you have a
higher standard requirement for programmatic email sending, and this is
recommended in the documentation. Sendgrid has SLAs and other stuff
surrounding mail delivery which put it above the Mail API, which is
recommended for admin mail and other light tasks. It also gives users more
visibility into what's actually going on with the mail than the Mail API
[1].

[1] https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/php/mail/sendgrid

Cheers!

Nick