I'm a bit confused... so my original question I feel was pretty clear in
what I wanted to do...

Are you telling me that it can't be done that way, or are you telling me
that you recommend a different approach that routes *all traffic *through a
single script?

So... this help doc about static files... are you telling me I should look
at something specific in it? Why would I want to serve php scripts as
static files?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/36c383fa-9aa2-4ed0-b139-eb266383bbff%40googlegroups.com.