Yes, I think the question is important because it's an issue of
efficiency.

Don't think that some related element or a corresponding event
listener is removed 'automatically' when the marker is removed from
the map. Can definitely make sense to remove them separately and every
time after they have been used and additionally to delete the marker
object - especially when otherwise many ot them are existing in the
'background' memory.