You can simplify that by storing it in a separate file or the code itself.

I am modifying the docs to say the following:

To authenticate in Java, call setupOauth in the constructor for your robot.
See the sample code below:

public MyRobot() {
  myRobot.setupOAuth(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET,
"http://sandbox.gmodules.com/api/rpc";);
}

Those two parameters can just be local String contants.

- pamela