Why didn't you just put it that way the first time? :P
But seriously, my perhaps-silly thought was what about this sort of case
(assume ultimate lexical order):

Module 1 (say, UserAgent.gwt.xml)
<define-property name="user.agent"
values="ie6,gecko,gecko1_8,safari,opera"/>

Module 2 (a module that I'm using to explicitly target just Safari; let's
pretend its IPhone.gwt.xml):
<set-property name="user.agent" value="safari"/>

Module 3 (prevent building for old Mozilla):
<set-property name="user.agent" values="ie6,gecko1_8,safari,opera"/>

I don't think this use case can be supported with your proposal, since the
second set-property will clobber the first.  Maybe this is a silly point,
because we could insist the developer change the lexical order, although I
could image cases where that's slightly cumbersome. This would be
supportable if the third module could do a "restrict-property" that didn't
clobber the explicitly set value.

Again, my thinking could be quite silly here.