On 11 sep, 01:17, BobV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This patch adds the concept of module properties which do not affect
> deferred-binding decisions and may be set to any string value.  These
> configuration properties are exposed to Generators and Linkers as a
> means of providing global configuration information.
>
>   Right now, many developers (ab)use deferred-binding properties to
> provide configuration information to Generators or Linkers.  The
> values of deferred-binding properties are restricted to Java
> identifiers and any custom values require and extend-property and
> set-property tags.  While Java system properties can be used for
> global effect, these can lead to non-hermetic builds.

Seems like a solution to my GWT-in-the-AIR linker (and helper tool),
which uses Java system properties:
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-in-the-air/source/browse/trunk/src/net/ltgt/gwt/air/core/linker/AirLinker.java#50
http://code.google.com/p/gwt-in-the-air/source/browse/trunk/src/net/ltgt/gwt/air/tools/AIRCompiler.java#303

What would be even better is to have GWTCompiler and GWTShell command
line arguments (and public setter methods); and/or use a *.properties
file to load configuration properties. E.g.

   gwtcompiler -configuration-property gwt.air.storetype PKCS12 -
configuration-property keystore cert.pfx -configuration-property
storepass password -out air
net.ltgt.gwt.air.user.samples.showcase.Showcase

or

   gwtcompiler -configuration-properties air-signing-
options.properties -out air
net.ltgt.gwt.air.user.samples.showcase.Showcase

(btw, setting deferred-binding properties that way would really be a
plus too: no need for MyApp_ie_only.gwt.xml or
MyApp_default_locale_only.gwt.xml any more)