On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could we list some examples, so that we can refer to this thread in the
> future to understand our motivations?

In summary, the motivation is to allow for properties that have no
well-defined set of possible values or the property requires values
that are not identifier-like.

Examples include:
  - Resource locations (to read or write auxiliary files elsewhere in
the filesystem)
  - Global code-gen options (CssResource.style, .enableMerge)

If no-one has any additional objections, I'll re-roll this patch with
the updated <define-property>/<set-property> behavior discussed in the
other thread.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team