I've been following this patch because the app I'm working on will
really benefit from it.

Ideally, I do not want children to fall off the list to the next
page.  My table will start with all children collapsed.  When the user
opens a node, I would like for new rows to show up on the table.  My
table will already have a vertical scroll bar, so I'd like the nodes
below to just scroll down a bit.  I don't want to move what pages in
the table items appear on because of opening/closing of nodes.

Not all use-cases will be like this, but that is what would be best
for my app.  Maybe a setting could be added to define the paging
behavior when nodes are opened?

Daniel - great work on this patch.  I'm very excited to pull it into
my project!

Thanks!
-Brad