Emily -

I replied to all your comments.  I'll send out a new patch for review
soon that addresses all of your issues.

- John

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/5
File user/src/com/google/gwt/event/shared/GwtEvent.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/5#newcode139
Line 139: /**
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> Should this method be final? As we've regretted making onDetach not
final. Also,
> I think you meant rely

Per our conversation, it doesn't need to be final.  Users may override
it to take action when an event is killed.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/9
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/Event.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/9#newcode187
Line 187: protected void kill() {
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> can you document the method that requires access to kill here?

fire() has been moved into the Event, so this is no longer needed.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/9#newcode482
Line 482: NativePreviewEvent event = new
NativePreviewEvent(nativeEvent);
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> I think we might want to recycle the native event here for efficiency.

Agreed.  Added to the latest version.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/11
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DialogBox.java (left):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/11#oldcode231
Line 231:
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> As much as I'd really, really love to do this, I think backward
compatibility
> forces us to deprecate the method rather then removing it.

I'm just removing the override.  onEventPreview is still deprecated in
the parent class.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/11
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/DialogBox.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/11#newcode392
Line 392:
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> do we want to expose this?

Per our conversation, onPreviewNativeEvent will be exposed, but will
only contain minimal code by default.  The bulk of the code will be in a
new method previewNativeEvent()

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/13
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/MenuBar.java (left):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/13#oldcode966
Line 966: public boolean onEventPreview(Event event) {
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> See comments from DialogBox.

We can remove the overide, and this is an anonymous inner class anyway.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/12
File user/src/com/google/gwt/user/client/ui/PopupPanel.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/12#newcode464
Line 464: */
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> Where is the onPreviewNativeEvent for this one?

Its protected, not public

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/3
File user/test/com/google/gwt/user/client/EventTest.java (right):

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805/diff/1/3#newcode26
Line 26: public class EventTest extends GWTTestCase {
On 2008/12/08 23:06:37, ecc wrote:
> Nice Test!
>
> I think the only thing you need to add is the interactions of code
that mixes
> the old and new styles.
> For example:
> Use adds a new style preview, then an old style preview.  What order
should they
> be evaluated in?

Added in new version of patch.

http://gwt-code-reviews.appspot.com/805